Residential Services Manager – Project Detour
ABOUT HOMEWARD PIKES PEAK (HPP)
The mission of HPP is to work with individuals and families in our community to achieve their full
potential through supportive housing and recovery services, to rebuild dignity & self-sufficiency,
and permanently exit homelessness. Our efforts focus on overcoming the barriers to developing and
maintaining stable housing and sober living. To do this, we adhere to commonly held social work
values of service, social justice, dignity and worth of the whole person, importance of human
relationships, integrity, and competence. We believe that these values infuse the work of HPP and
are a guidepost to which our staff and partners should aspire.
This position provides continuity in housing, facilities, and oversight for Project Detour, our
women’s sober living program. This team member will ensure that each resident lives within the
program parameters, adheres to the client handbook, and maintains a safe and nurturing
room/apartment for themselves, their family, and others in the program. This position reports to
the Project Detour Lead Case Manager. This is a fulltime, second shift position with some weekend
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with Lead Case manager for client room assignments, coordinate new client move-ins and
changes that need to be made.
• Manage orientation for new residents and clients.
• Administer UA’s and BA’ (mouth swabs as needed) to the program participants weekly,
monthly, and randomly.
• Work with staff to monitor client medications and supervise dispensing of medications during
shift as needed.
• Conduct weekly house meetings with Lead Case Manager and team.
• Mediate client conflicts, receive complaints and coordinate responses with Case Manager and
• Assist with discharge of clients including a ride to other service providers (i.e., detox) if
needed, move-out room inspection and inventory, change of security door codes, etc.
• Coordinates regularly and as needed, food and supply shopping.
• Inspect bedrooms and apartments and confirm chore completion weekly and report to Lead Case
• Maintain an inventory of furnishings and obtain new donations as needed.
• Regularly inspect physical building/house/equipment, and rooms to ensure routine operations.
Enlist professional guidance or consultation as needed.
• Coordinate maintenance needs and repairs as necessary with facility management.
• Work closely with Lead Case Manager, Housing Director, and/or Executive Director for any
emergencies to avoid, mitigate and resolve any personal, medical, or facility emergency.
• Coordinate any immediate needs as well as follow-up to facilitate incident reports to the final
resolution of the emergency.
HOMEWARD PIKES PEAK TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend and participate in organizational staff meetings.
• Occasionally attend and/or participate or interact with donors or fundraising events.
• Produce documentation timely as requested for audits or other business requirements.
• Maintain work environment to professional standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Peer Recovery Coach certification, addictions counselling knowledge, experience or
certifications, experience in a human services field preferred but not required.
• Thorough understanding of the substance abuse recovery process.
• First Aid and CPR certification required.
• Mental Health First Aid by NAMI requirement (or within first 30 days of employment)
• Strong references in related role.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements of job description including ability to move or lift
25 lbs. on a regular basis and heavier on occasion.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
HPP offers paid vacation, and sick leave for full-time, regular employees. Other benefits include
medical, vision and dental insurance. Additionally, short term disability, accidental death and
dismemberment and life insurance is provided at no cost to the employee. The pay range for this
position is $19 – $23 per hour. This is a full-time position authorized to work 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Homeward Pikes Peak is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment
practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
Homeward Pikes Peak makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time