Residential Services Manager – Harbor House Recovery
Men’s Sober Living
ABOUT HOMEWARD PIKES PEAK (HPP)
The mission of HPP is to work with individuals and families in our community to achieve their full potential through supportive housing and recovery services, to rebuild dignity & self-sufficiency, and to permanently exit homelessness. Our efforts focus on overcoming the barriers to developing and maintaining stable housing and sober living. To do this, we adhere to commonly held social work values of service, social justice, dignity and worth of the whole person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence. We believe that these values infuse the work of HPP and are a guidepost to which our staff and partners should aspire.
This position provides continuity in housing, facilities, and program oversight for Harbor House Recovery, our men’s sober living program. This team member will ensure that each resident lives within the program parameters, adheres to the client handbook, and maintains a safe and nurturing room/apartment for themselves, and others in the program.
This position reports to the Harbor House Recovery Lead Case Manager. This is a full-time, second shift position with some weekend coverage required. Each week will include working a Saturday or a Sunday, however, you will get two days off in a row.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the screening and selection of applicants who seek out recovery-based sober living.
• Works with Lead Case manager for client room assignments, and coordinates new client move-ins and changes that need to be made.
• Manage orientation for new residents and clients.
• Administer UA’s and BA’ (mouth swabs as needed) to the program participants weekly, monthly, and randomly.
• Work with staff to monitor client medications and supervise dispensing of medications during shift as needed.
• Conduct weekly house meetings with Lead Case Manager and team.
• Mediate client conflicts, receive complaints and coordinate responses with Lead Case Manager and Director of Sober Homes and Recovery Services.
• Assist with discharge of clients including a ride to other service providers (i.e., detox) if needed, move-out room inspection and inventory, change of security door codes, etc.
• Coordinates regular and as needed, food and supply shopping.
• Work closely with Lead Case Manager, Director of Sober Homes, and Recovery Services, and/or CEO for any emergencies to avoid, mitigate and resolve any personal, medical, or facility emergency.
• Coordinate any immediate needs as well as follow-up to facilitate incident reports to the final resolution of the emergency.
• Inspect bedrooms and apartments and confirm chore completion weekly and report to Lead Case Manager.
• Maintain an inventory of furnishings and obtain new donations as needed.
• Regularly inspect physical buildings/house/equipment/yard, and rooms to ensure routine operations. Enlist professional guidance or consultation as needed.
• Coordinate maintenance needs and repairs as necessary with facility management.
HOMEWARD PIKES PEAK TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend and participate in organizational and program staff meetings.
• Occasionally attend and/or participate or interact with donors or fundraising events.
• Produce documentation timely as requested for audits or other business requirements.
• Maintain work environment to professional standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Peer Recovery Coach certification, addictions counseling knowledge, experience or certifications, experience in a human services field preferred but not required.
• Thorough understanding of the substance abuse recovery process.
• First Aid and CPR certification required.
• Mental Health First Aid by NAMI requirement (or within first 30 days of employment)
• Experience with motivational interviewing techniques.
• Experience working with clients involved with the criminal justice system, probation/parole, human services, and/or other similar referral sources.
• Experience working directly with people from diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, ability to communicate effectively, perform crisis intervention, and display harm reduction capabilities preferred.
• Understanding of regulations and standards regarding privacy and confidentiality in the provision of direct services.
• Lived experience is respected, two or more years of sustained sobriety is mandatory.
• Strong references in related roles.
• Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle insurance are required.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job description including the ability to move or lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis and heavier on occasion.
• Spanish speaker preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit at a desk or conference table; and talk or hear when interacting with various individuals and groups. The employee is occasionally required to stand while conversing with various individuals; and walk throughout the office, rental property, park and to/from vehicles and retail locations. The employee occasionally is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel to operate the computer or telephone; may be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch to communicate with residents and to place items in or get items from low drawers or shelves; and taste or smell to make sure that the food and environment are pleasing to residents and their families. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, which is generally office supplies such as reams of paper, files, and
forms, and may include small furniture items occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne viruses, bacteria, or other bodily pathogens carried by residents or present in clients’ homes. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and fumes or airborne particles when driving from one HPP location to another or participating in an outdoor resident social activity. The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet while in a private office to loud while driving,
attending a large residential social event or visiting resident common areas where there are televisions and equipment operating, phones ringing, light to heavy traffic, and people talking.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
HPP offers paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave for full-time, regular employees. Other benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance that the employee may select at one-half the cost of the monthly premium. Additionally, short term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, life insurance, and EAP is provided at no cost to the employee. Participation in 401K is also offered.
The pay range for this position is $20 – $23 per hour. This is a full-time position authorized to work 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Homeward Pikes Peak is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation,,national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Homeward Pikes Peak makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.