Empowering women to overcome alcohol and opioid use disorders, homelessness, and involvement with the criminal justice system.
We strive to positively impact our clients and the community by reducing opiate and narcotic dependence, criminal justice system involvement, negative interactions with the community at large, and repeated detox unit stays.
Our approach includes pharmaceutical intervention, counseling, case management, stable transitional housing, community partnership collaboration, and peer support.
Project Detour is a sober living program for women who are either experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, have an alcohol substance use disorder and/or an opioid use disorder, and some criminal justice involvement. The project is led by community partners united to disrupt and treat the cycle of addiction. It is a fully integrated solution that combines medical and behavioral care with housing and legal support to create a blended solution. We address drug and alcohol dependence and provide clients with an opportunity for recovery from repeated patterns of violence, crime, and/or homelessness.
- Recovery supported assistance for up to 12 months
- Intensive substance abuse treatment that includes Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), Family, Group & Individual counseling,
- Motivational enhancement/interviewing, Relapse Prevention planning, as well as Drug screening/breathalyzer testing.
- Individualized life skills training & coaching.
- Employment assistance
- Compassionate Case Management
Am I Eligible?
- Women who are 18 and older
- Diagnosed alcohol or opioid disorder
- Currently homeless or at risk of homelessness and involved with the criminal justice system
- Completed detoxification from alcohol, opioids, and all other illegal substances
- Stable mental health conditions
- Compliant with court, probation, or parole
- Able to work at least 29 hours per week and live in a group setting