Join our team at Homeward Pikes Peak and play a pivotal role as the Finance Director. This hands-on position involves overseeing financial and accounting operations, collaborating with the Chief
Executive Officer, and managing a dedicated accounting team. As a key player, you’ll contribute to the success of our mission through the development of financial reports and system management,
supporting both day-to-day operations and long-term decision-making.
• Maintain the general ledger, accounting databases, and chart of accounts.
•Lead the monthly and annual financial close process, ensuring accurate financials.
• Manage grant billing
and forecasting for federal, state, and local grants.
• Oversee cash flow and cash forecasting.
• Provide regular financial reports to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
• Lead annual budgeting processes and analyze expenses, revenue, and capital expenses.
• Produce and distribute annual 1099s to vendors and IRS.
• Manage year-end balance sheet accounts, including asset depreciation and conditional grant tracking.
• Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures based on best practices.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external contacts, reporting to the board president and treasurer.
• Foster positive relationships with staff, volunteers, and vendors.
• Lead and manage the accounting department staff.
• Engage and manage external agencies and grant audits.
• Prepare documents for the annual audit and implement audit recommendations.
• Report audit activities to the Board of Directors.
• Work with the Audit firm to prepare the 990 form.
Homeward Pikes Peak Team Responsibilities
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Engage with donors or fundraising activities as requested.
• Provide timely documentation for audits and audit resolutions.
• Maintain the office environment to professional standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 5+ years of hands-on financial leadership experience, preferably in non-profits.
• 3+ years of experience with HUD, Medicaid, and the Office of Behavioral Health Funding/grant compliance.
• 3 years of experience with GAAP accounting principles.
• 3 years of experience with QuickBooks, including analysis and reporting.
• 3 years of experience managing and developing accounting staff.
• Knowledge of or experience working with real estate financing and tax credits is preferred.
• Experience with Paylocity is a plus.
• Ability to provide business guidance to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Confidence in interacting with the Board of Directors and Finance Committee.
• Ability to empathetically interact with clients receiving services and staff providing direct services.
• Passion for the mission and serving the community.
• Strong proficiency with Excel, databases, and accounting software.
• Proactive in determining priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative and flexible.
• Collaborative team player with the ability to lead directly and indirectly.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Total Rewards
The compensation for this position is up to $100,000, based on experience. HPP offers paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave for full-time, regular employees. Other benefits include medical, vision,
and dental insurance that the employee may select at one-half the cost of the monthly premium. Additionally, short-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, life insurance, and EAP are
provided at no cost to the employee. Participation in 401K is also offered.
About Homeward Pikes Peak
At Homeward Pikes Peak, we create an opportunity for individuals and families through treatment and recovery programs, mental health services, and providing housing first. We do this through sober
living homes, a residential rehabilitation treatment center, supportive housing, and clinical programs. All of our programs offer case management to set our clients up for success.
If you’re ready to make a positive impact and contribute to our mission, apply today. We look forward to welcoming a dynamic Finance Director to our Homeward Pikes Peak team! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Homeward Pikes Peak is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to
all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Homeward Pikes Peak makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.