Bloom House Residential Treatment Center Part-Time Billing Specialist
About Homeward Pikes Peak
The mission of HPP is to work with individuals and families in our community to achieve their full potential through supportive housing and recovery services, to rebuild dignity & self-sufficiency, and to permanently exit homelessness. Our efforts focus on overcoming the barriers to developing and maintaining stable housing and sober living. To do this, we adhere to commonly held social work values of service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence. We believe that these values infuse the work of HPP and are a guidepost to which our staff and partners should aspire.
This role will work on a small team providing care to pregnant and parenting women with addictions living in a residential treatment home in Colorado Springs. This person will pay great attention to detail and have flexible hours to complete work onsite. This role reports to the Director of Sober Homes. To maintain our standing with the Colorado Behavioral Health Agency as a Special Connections Contract provider, only women will be considered for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for organizing, submitting, and managing the billing of a residential treatment center for Medicaid Billing.
• Works closely with the treatment center team and uses intake paperwork for new clients.
• Coordinates with counseling team members to ensure all encounters are ready for billing each month.
• Use an electronic health record to track and prepare billing for all client encounters.
• Ensure the accuracy of documentation and follow up on denied claims and resolve any billing problems.
• Create summary reports of all billing for management.
• Other duties as assigned.
HOMEWARD PIKES PEAK TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Attend and/or participate or interact with donors or fundraising as requested.
• Produce documentation daily, and as requested for audits or other business requirements.
• Maintain office environment to professional standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Knowledge and experience with Availity or other billing systems.
• Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases including Excel and Word.
• High School Diploma or GED required. AA preferred
• Knowledge of basic care coordination, medical/hospital and/or community resources.
• Successful candidates must submit to and pass, a post-offer drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit at a desk or conference table; and talk or hear when interacting with various individuals and groups.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne viruses, bacteria, or other bodily pathogens carried by residents or present in the residential treatment center. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and fumes or airborne particles when walking between buildings. The noise level in the work environment can range from very quiet while in a private office or the treatment center, to loud in the shared office spaces.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position is $16 – $18 per hour. This is a part-time position authorized to work 10 – 20 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Homeward Pikes Peak is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Homeward Pikes Peak makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.